Aston Martin Programme (Tier 2 Supplier)
- Technical responsibility for product engineering.
- Facilitate and chair technical/commercial meetings with client.
- Initiate, track & manage project plan using Microsoft Project.
- Instigate internal PFMEA/DFMEA/Poke Yoke with cross functional team.
- Development of supply base.
- Quotation (QAF) submittal.
- Management of customer expectations and communication.
- Ensure timely delivery of orders.
- Compile/Author test specification to match with contractual requirements.
- Development of customer packaging.
Jaguar/Land Rover JLR. (Tier 1 Supplier)
- Based at client site to oversee implementation of new technology on JLR future models.
- Facilitate and chair technical/commercial meetings with JLR.
- Responsible for budget control and appointment/discharge of engineering staff.
- Basic training in roll out of “Six Sigma 6 Panel” use across JLR.
- Issue reporting using 8D/A3 methods to senior JLR staff up to & including director level.
- Team member of PFMEA/DFMEA meetings within JLR.
- Compile data for JLR Supplier Launch Readiness Reviews (LRR).
- Negotiation of full service supplier contracts in association with UK sales team.
- Manage and facilitate APQP process & IQPSW between France & UK.
- Arrange, coordinate and analyse data from future programme ride and drive events.
- Arrange and coordinate fleet rework during period of extremely short part supply.
- Investigation of future technologies being used / forecast by other manufacturers.
- Attendance of packaging meetings to advise on feasibility/cost implications of solutions.
- Participation in roll out of JLTDS – Jaguar Land Rover Technology Development System.
- Weibull analysis of test results.
- Manage vehicle and rig testing in support of DVP.
- Use of engineering rating index for vehicle attributes, performance and customer satisfaction.
Design Engineer. Far Eastern "Affordable Car" & US luxury SUV crossover vehicle.
- Preparation and detailing of 3D Unigraphics models and 2D production drawings.
- Interior (Instrument Panel, Instrument Binnacle).
- Chassis (Wheel envelopes including snow chains, Wheels and Tyres, Fuel Tank).
Design Engineer. Korean "V car"
- Study of rear suspension and presentation of findings to Korean customers.
So if cost effective engineering allied with a practical approach is important to your company, composites to metals, from a single component to a complete vehicle, Engineering support to “turn key” projects, contact us and let Skywalker Design help you achieve your goals.